All three of Northern Virginia Family Service's homeless shelters provide food and case management:
- Bailey's - Falls Church - 703.820.7621 (Adults only)
3525 Moncure Ave., Falls Church, VA 22041
- Hilda Barg - Woodbridge - 571.492.7359
14945 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Woodbridge, VA 22191
- SERVE - Manassas - 571.748.2603
10056 Dean Dr., Manassas, VA 20110
NVFS' Rapid Re-Housing Philosophy
NVFS has been recognized nationally for the effectiveness of its rapid re-housing programs, and was recently awarded $100,000 by the state of Virginia in recognition of NVFS' alignment with state priorities.
NVFS is adept and experienced at homeless shelter operations, Rapid Rehousing programs, and homeless prevention programs and services. The agency has worked diligently since 2009 as an early adopter of the “Housing First” service philosophy, currently implemented at SERVE Emergency Shelter and Rapid Re-housing in Manassas. This approach is in keeping with regional best practices as well as Federal and State goals to prevent and end homelessness.
In shifting our service philosophy to a rapid re-housing approach, NVFS program goals include:
- Working to prevent residents in the community from becoming homeless;
- Supporting those who are already homeless with immediate housing barrier assessments and interventions to minimize the duration of homelessness;
- Providing the individualized tools and resources to help families and individuals sustain their housing; and
- Providing safe emergency shelter for homeless families and individuals while working from a model aimed at rapid re-housing support.
- Emergency Utility Assistance:
571.748.2552 (Fairfax); 571.748.2624 (Prince William)
- Hypothermia Prevention (Fairfax)
- Bridging Affordability:
- General Services:
703.222.0880 (Fairfax) or 571.748.2603 (Prince William)
- RHAP (Regional Housing Assistance Program):
- Prince William Transitional Housing:
If this page has not mentioned a service you are looking for, please call 571.748.2500 for assistance and referral.