NVFS’ Small Business Program for entrepreneurs
Escala provides one-on-one small business development consulting and coursework to low- and moderate-income Northern Virginia families. The program aims to assist clients in overcoming barriers to launch and grow sustainable businesses that increase household incomes, create jobs, and contribute to the local economy.
- One-on-One Business Consulting: Bilingual small business consultants are available by appointment Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Falls Church and Manassas offices.The purpose of the consultations is to guide clients through launching, stabilizing, or growing a business. Consultants guide clients through progressive sessions that cover business registration, financial projections, marketing and promotions, and business plan development. Consultations range from 2 to 10 sessions and are appropriate for prospective or existing business owners.
- 4-Week Basic Start-Up Course: Do you or someone you know want to start a business? If so, sign up for the ‘Business Basics’ class with the Escala Small Business Program. This class meets once a week on Fridays for four weeks.The basic course is designed for those just beginning to think about what it means to have a business in the United States. This four-week class covers business registration, legal matters, taxes, insurance, real estate, marketing, administration and loans.The courses will be held in our Falls Church office. Cost is $60 for one person and $100 for two.
- 6-Week Advanced Business Plan Course: The Business Plan Course is designed to walk participants through the process of writing a business plan. The plan will help graduates test the business concept, apply for loans, secure commercial space, and feel more confident of the strategic direction of their enterprise. The class is appropriate both for new and existing businesses. Classes begin every August and September, and are typically held on weekday evenings from 6:30 p.m – 9:30 p.m.
- Additional Workshops and Events: Escala offers additional workshops covering industry-specific topics throughout the year. Common themes include Entry into Farmers Markets, Cleaning Proposals and Construction Estimating.
We especially thank Capital One and Fairfax County for their generous grant support! Learn more about the program in this Vamos Empresa TV interview with NVFS’ Adrienne Kay.
- About NVFS
- Media Center
- Contact Us
- Our Services
- Early Childhood Development
- Foster Care & Adoption in Northern Virginia
- Health & Well-Being
- Homelessness & Housing
- Immigration Legal Services
- Mental Health
- Workforce Development
- Youth Initiatives
- Get Assistance
- Get Involved
- Road to Independence Gala
- CARE Awards Breakfast
- Strikes for Stronger Families Bowl-A-Thon
- Empty Bowls
- Past Events Photo Gallery
- Support NVFS