Our nationally-recognized Training Futures program provides a 25-week professional development curriculum that is designed to move people from low-paying retail and service jobs to white-collar careers.Visit Training Futures
Job Loss: Unemployment in the state of Virginia increased from 4% to nearly 7% in just one year; over 300,000 Virginians are out of work. Changes in Job Market: Many blue collar jobs are industry specific and skills don’t always readily translate to another field. When an entire industry, such as construction takes a hit, these workers cannot always transition without additional training.The Opportunity:
Our workforce development philosophy is one of responsiveness and innovation, with an eye to advancement. We are preparing a workforce for the jobs of tomorrow. Training Programs prepare clients for a career, not just a job, in industries with the potential for growth Dual training and college credits provide a jump start for clients to continue in their long term career goals.
Hispanic Employment Services:
Our Employment Services are designed to reduce barriers to employment and increase the employability of Hispanic/Latino immigrants. Employment staff provides one-on-one job counseling and education. Clients learn about resources and job-searching strategies. Counseling may include, but is not limited to, the following services:
- Job search assistance- job search tips and access to resources, current job listings;
- Skills assessment- evaluation of skill level, opportunities for enhancing skills;
- Career training- job-readiness and on-the-job training, workshops, ESL and literacy enhancement, occupational and vocational skills training;
- Resume preparation- sample resumes, cover letter and reference materials review, resume writing, critiquing and improving workshops; and
- Interview coaching- interview preparation and techniques, practice interviews.
Arlington County residents call 571.858.9242
Fairfax County residents call 571.858.9260
Vehicles for Change
Our Vehicles for Change program provides reliable transportation for people to use in order to get to work or schooling.Learn More
“I was in a dead-end job, and now I am an HR Assistant. I can support my family, and more importantly, I am leaving a legacy to my daughters to show them that they can achieve their dreams.“Read the Complete Story