Click here to access services. SERVE is the Manassas campus of Northern Virginia Family Service. It is unique for its holistic approach to helping our community's most vulnerable individuals and
families address a variety of needs on their paths to self-sufficiency including:
Welcome to SERVE!
- 92-bed emergency shelter for families and individuals
- The county's largest food distribution center, serving over 800 families each month
- Emergency assistance for utility, rent, water and gas payments
- A full continuum of safe and stable housing services, including 15 housing properties
- Access to free and reduced cost dental and medical care as well as medication
- Early Head Start classroom serving eight children (plus 4 classes serving 32 children in the nearby Georgetown South neighborhood)
- Home-based Early Head Start and Healthy Families programs serving over 200 families
- Job skills and life skills training and support
Who SERVE helps:
Individuals and families who are living in western Prince William County and the cities of Manassas and Manassas Park and are in need can get help.
Our values:We believe families are at the heart of our society and that they need to be strengthened and preserved. Services should be accessible, affordable and of high quality. Everyone should have access to adequate and safe housing, food and support.
WMZQ held a canned food drive for SERVE in October 2013. Michael J visited the shelter and food distribution center to help understand SERVE's impact - watch the video here.