2011 - 2013 Strategic Plan
Positioning ourselves for the challenges and opportunities of tomorrow.
A strength of NVFS is its ability to respond to community need, clearly reflected in our response to Multicultural Human Services, SERVE and the Arlington Head Start Center opportunities. No one could have predicted that these events would come to pass. Increased instability in our economy, job market, political landscape and health care system continues to make predicting the future difficult. NVFS will remain agile and mission focused by increasing our capacity to respond, so that we are prepared for the challenges and opportunities of tomorrow.
Focus: Community Need
NVFS will strengthen its internal business practices in support of programs and services to achieve the highest level of effectiveness, efficiency, and quality in the provision of a range of responsive programs addressing vital community needs in five focus areas: Health Access, Safe and Stable Housing, Children and Youth Services, Workforce Development and Emergency Assistance.
NVFS will strive for stability in current programs and pursue growth when and where possible. We will identify the cross cutting needs of our clients and pursue ways to work smarter and more efficient. Innovation in how we do business will ultimately mean better services for clients.
- NVFS will stabilize and expand programs in core service areas and address emerging community need.
- NVFS will improve business operations and practices in support of programs and enhanced client outcomes.
Focus: Financial Health
NVFS will seek effective and innovative opportunities for funding diversification and increased sustainability to improve the overall financial health of the organization.
NVFS understands that with more flexible funding we can achieve greater innovation in service delivery. Good fiscal health will enable us to take advantage of currently unforeseen opportunities and weather fiscal challenges.
- NVFS will diversify funding in order to increase flexibility throughout agency programs and departments.
- NVFS will improve our financial health in order to strategically address new ventures and opportunities
Focus: Human Capital
NVFS will enhance practices to attract, develop and retain a body of competent and highly qualified staff, volunteers and leaders with a commitment to excellence and an investment in the growth and success of the organization.
NVFS understands that our greatest asset in serving the community rests with our workforce, volunteers and leaders. We will provide an opportunity for each member of our team to develop to their fullest capacity. We will increase our visibility and strengthen our reputation as the best solution for community need.
- NVFS will proactively seek to attract and retain the best employees in the industry.
- NVFS will maximize volunteer partnerships and recognize and steward their contributions as a respected agency resources.
- NVFS will have impact and influence on policy and addressing community need.
Who to Contact
- General Information