Items and services that help strengthen Northern Virginia families
Donating much-needed items and services are great ways to give back and make Northern Virginia a stronger community. By providing these tools and resources, families in your community can begin to build a healthy, successful future.
Contact us with questions about making a donation or organizing a collection drive today. Our clients’ needs change throughout the year, and new ideas from you, our generous community partners, will always be appreciated.
- All three NVFS shelters are in great need of new pillows, twin/full sheets, blankets, new towels, cleaning products and paper products. You can donate directly to the shelter(s) or contact our Development Specialist for more information.
- SERVE’s Hunger Resource Center, in addition to providing food assistance and nutrition guidance, distributes non-food items to families in crisis so that they can make ends meet. These include diapers sizes 3 and up, toilet paper, laundry detergent, shampoo and conditioner, cooking oil/spray, sugar, flour and coffee.
- If you have a large delivery (more than one SUV/minivan/pick-up truck), please email Darrell Dixon or call 571.234.9450 to coordinate a delivery time and helping hands
- Location: SERVE Campus, 10058 Dean Dr., Manassas, VA 20110
- Donation Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Wednesays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Laundry detergent. Clients at NVFS’ Multicultural Center are frequently of extremely small means, and the ability to clean the clothes that they own makes a tremendous difference. Drop-off location: 6400 Arlington Blvd., Falls Church, VA 22042. For questions, please contact Alison Burke.
- Bicycle for teenagers: NVFS’ youth mentoring program helps at-risk teenagers gain the skills for a stable, positive early adulthood. Bicycle donations help empower these teenagers to take control of their own lives with a sure way to get to school, extracurricular activities and part-time employment.
- Baby cribs for foster families.
- Diapers and wipes for client families with young children are always needed.
- Toiletries, including razors, full-size shampoo and conditioner and ethnic hair products, are always needed.
For a full list of items, please visit our wishlist.
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Massage therapy
- Home Improvement (i.e. painting, HVAC, etc.)