Careers at NVFS
Doing work that matters every day
At NVFS, because of the difference you will make in the lives of children and families in Northern Virginia, you’ll do work that matters every day. NVFS has been recognized nationally for its effectiveness in creating sustained financial and social independence for its clients. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and E-Verify participant.
Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest in being part of the team. Please click below to browse our current openings and apply for any that interest you. The Hiring Manager will contact you directly if your qualifications and experience appear to be a suitable match and you are selected for an interview. If you do not see a position that is right for you at this time, we hope you will revisit us to learn about future opportunities.
NVFS is committed to providing a comprehensive, competitive and cost-effective benefits package that promotes a culture of employee well-being. NVFS shares a significant portion of the premium cost for employee and dependent health, dental and vision insurance, and provides a rich array of benefits offerings to meet the wide variety of employee needs.
of our 450+ staff members identify as Hispanic, Black, Asian or another non-White race.
languages are spoken by our staff, including English, French, Spanish, Amharic, Arabic, Greek, Japanese, Hebrew, Farsi, Quechua and Mam.
is an acronym for our organizational values, which define how we operate.
NVFS is the 2015 winner of the Apollo Award, awarded to the Washington, D.C., area nonprofit organization that most outstandingly promotes employee development as part of their culture.
Working at NVFS during the Coronavirus Pandemic
Here at NVFS, we recognize the multi-faceted challenges and public health crisis that the COVID-19 pandemic presents to our communities and our employees. We are committed to prioritizing the health, safety and wellbeing of all NVFS employees during this crisis and have taken several steps to address this.
While this pandemic is still ongoing, we are there to support our teams and employees on this unanticipated and unprecedented journey. We are in this together.
- Transitioned a majority of our workforce to remote work;
- Implemented additional cleaning, communication and safety measures and protocols for those employees performing essential in-person and/or onsite work;
- Provided premium pandemic pay to those employees providing essential in-person services to some of our most vulnerable community members;
- Created a ‘Moving Forward Task Force’ comprised of various Agency leaders to stay abreast of current and ongoing COVID-19 information and help us move forward through this crisis;
- Increased communication efforts across the Agency to ensure all employees feel supported, connected, and informed as we navigate this journey together;
- Created a COVID-19 Information and Resources internal site for employees, which includes CDC and local guidelines and resources, teleworking tips, free resources for parents and caretakers working with children at home, wellness tips and resources, etc.
- Offered webinars for employees to understand the FFCRA and related law changes;
- Provided ongoing flexible work arrangements for employees to meet their various needs and obligations in both their professional and personal lives.