Get Assistance at NVFS
NVFS provides tools for our neighbors to build brighter futures, stronger families and a stronger, healthier community. NVFS offers a wide range of services, from food and shelter to health care access to job training. Program availability varies by county. If you are not able to locate a service or program, please call our main office at 571.748.2500 or email email@example.com.
Individual and group services for victims of domestic violence
Offers information, emotional support and service referrals to victims of domestic and sexual assault. NVFS, in partnership with Fairfax County, also provides a children’s group offering education and group activities to children who have witnessed domestic violence.
Multiple languages spoken; call intake for details.
Client or worker can call program directly for information and intake.
Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, Falls Church, Loudoun, Prince William, Manassas, Manassas Park
6400 Arlington Blvd., Suite 110Falls Church, VA 22042
Medical Care for Children Partnership (MCCP)
Provides low-income, uninsured children with access to health care services through a network of private-practice physicians and Kaiser Permanente. Services include comprehensive primary preventative and sick care, lab services, pharmaceutical assistance, case management and information and referral services.
Clients can call intake line directly, or worker can call program for additional information.
Links low-income, uninsured clients with free prescription medication programs offered by more than 200 pharmaceutical companies.
Worker or client can contact the staff contact person directly for intake and information.
Dental Services (Fairfax)
Our Adult Dental Program (ADP) provides low-income, dental-uninsured adults in Fairfax County with assistance in finding a dental home for services at a reduced cost.
Referrals to private dentist: Clients who are interested in getting access to a private dentist in the community with some financial assistance for their evaluation, cleaning and/or treatment can be from any location in Fairfax County.
Referrals to Northern Virginia Dental Clinic: Clients who are interested in getting a referral to Northern Virginia Dental Clinic can be from any location in Fairfax County except for addresses located in: Falls Church, Falls Church City, Annandale, Alexandria or Fairfax City. These residents must contact other community agencies for referral assistance.
(1) Household income below 200% or 250% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL), depending on the option;
(2) No dental insurance.
(3) 18 years or older.
(4) Verifiable home address in Fairfax County, with the exception of the following areas for Northern Virginia Dental Clinic referrals: Falls Church, Falls Church City, Annandale, Alexandria, or Fairfax City ( we are not the referring agency for these communities for Northern Virginia Dental Clinic)
The client or worker can contact the program directly at 571-748-2593 (intake line is open Mondays and Wednesdays from 9am-12pm).
9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Mondays and Wednesdays
Please select a service and a location. Our frequent searches include:
- Anger Management: please select Mental Health
- Car assistance (Vehicles for Change): please select Workforce Development
- Food assistance: please select Health & Well-Being
- Utility assistance: please select Homelessness & Housing
- Head Start: please select Early Childhood Education
- Training Futures: please select Workforce Development
- Vehicles for Change: please select Workforce Development