Immigration Resiliency Fund
Each and every day, Northern Virginia Family Service responds to the diverse needs of community members across our region by creating programs that are accessible, effective and responsive to the unique and specific needs of the people served. NVFS’ extensive experience providing services within Northern Virginia’s varied immigrant communities, and our extensive history as a leading trauma recovery provider, ensures that NVFS is uniquely suited to help respond to the new and evolving challenges that Northern Virginia’s immigrant communities are facing.
Our goal is to support the people we serve through these adversities in order to ensure they are able to create a safe, healthy and productive future here in Northern Virginia.
We do this by continuing to provide a core set of services that have proven to be effective in increasing resiliency, while also adapting our services to respond to new and urgent needs that arise. Examples include:
- Supporting immigrant clients with wraparound services designed to address their basic, legal and mental health needs
- Providing services, including mental health care, immigration legal services and social services, to survivors of torture and trauma
- Conducting Know Your Rights training in communities to inform immigrant residents of their legal rights and of the services available to them
- Teaching immigrant teens the skills necessary to thrive in their new communities: including decision making, critical thinking and healthy relationships
- Connecting teens with positive extra-curricular activities and access to community resources to help improve their school performance and promote better choices
- Helping families navigate the challenges of reunification after immigration-related separations
- Providing trauma recovery services for youth who have experienced violence
- Providing professional development and trainings to professionals who serve children (e.g., counselors, teachers, etc.) to increase their capacity to respond effectively to the needs of immigrant youth and families
Our community’s needs are growing and evolving every day, and our expertise is in high demand. We need your help to meet this increased need.
Please consider partnering with NVFS to increase our ability to assist these resilient families and individuals and foster a strong, vibrant community by donating today.
Every effort helps.
For optimal security and functionality, please be sure that:
Your operating system is one of: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012
Your desktop browser is one of: Chrome v.22+, Firefox version v.27+, Internet Explorer v.8-10 (if enabled), Internet Explorer v.11, Safari v.7+, Edge
Your mobile browser is one of: Safari v.5+, Firefox version v.27+, Internet Explorer v.11+, Opera v.14+