Virginia Rent and Mortgage Relief Program
Administered by Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS) in Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William Counties.
The Virginia Rent and Mortgage Relief Program (RMRP) is designed to support and ensure housing stability across the commonwealth during the coronavirus pandemic.
In order to receive financial assistance through the RMRP, households must meet the following minimum requirements:
- The Tenant or Homeowner has a valid lease or mortgage statement in their name.
- The household has experienced a loss of income due to the Coronavirus pandemic (Head of household must complete the self-certification of loss of income).
- The household’s total rent or mortgage payment is at or below 150% fair marketing rate.
Studio 1br 2br 3br 4br $2,185.50 $2,250.00 $2,560.50 $3,322.50 $4,060.50
- The household’s current gross income is equal to or less than 80 percent Area Median Income (AMI) for household size and location (supporting documentation required). For the time period of June 29, 2020 through July 20, 2020 household’s current gross income must be at or below 50 percent AMI.
HOUSEHOLD SIZE 1 PERSON 2 PEOPLE 3 PEOPLE 4 PEOPLE 5 PEOPLE 6 PEOPLE 7 PEOPLE 8 PEOPLE 30% LIMITS $26,500 $30,250 $34,050 $37,800 $40,850 $43,850 $46,900 $49,900 50% LIMITS $44,100 $50,400 $56700 $63,000 $68,050 $731,00 $78,150 $83,200 60% LIMITS $52,920 $6,0480 $68,040 $75,600 $81,660 $87720 $93,780 $99,840 80% LIMITS $55,750 $63,700 $71,650 $79,600 $86,000 $92,350 $98,750 $105,100
The Rent and Mortgage Relief Program is a State wide initiative. NVFS administers the program for:
- Fairfax City
- Fairfax County
- Falls Church City
- Loudoun County
- Manassas City
- Manassas Park
- Prince William County
If you live in one of these locations and meet the above criteria,you can submit an application by following this two-step process:
- Follow this link to create a SMApply account: https://nvfs.smapply.io/acc/r/?g=79111
- With an account created, please use this link to submit an application: https://nvfs.smapply.io/prog/virginia_rent_and_mortgage_relief_program
Northern Virginia Family Service staff are available to assist! To speak with a Rent and Mortgage Relief staff person directly, please call us at 804-404-8752 or email RMReliefProgram@nvfs.org.
If you live in elsewhere in Northern Virginia, please visit the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development to find assistance in your community.
No application is guaranteed approval, and all awards are dependent on available funds.