Virginia Rent and Mortgage Relief Program
Administered by Northern Virginia Family Service
The Virginia Rent and Mortgage Relief Program (RMRP) is designed to support and ensure housing stability across the commonwealth during the coronavirus pandemic.
In order to receive financial assistance through the RMRP, households must meet the following minimum requirements:
- The Tenant or Homeowner has a valid lease or mortgage statement in their name.
- The household has experienced a loss of income due to the Coronavirus pandemic (Head of household must complete the self-certification of loss of income).
- The household’s total rent or mortgage payment is at or below 150% fair marketing rate.
Studio 1br 2br 3br 4br $2,185.50 $2,250.00 $2,560.50 $3,322.50 $4,060.50
- The household’s current gross income is equal to or less than 80 percent Area Median Income (AMI) for household size and location (supporting documentation required). For the time period of June 29, 2020 through July 20, 2020 household’s current gross income must be at or below 50 percent AMI.
HOUSEHOLD SIZE 1 PERSON 2 PEOPLE 3 PEOPLE 4 PEOPLE 5 PEOPLE 6 PEOPLE 7 PEOPLE 8 PEOPLE 30% LIMITS $26,500 $30,250 $34,050 $37,800 $40,850 $43,850 $46,900 $49,900 50% LIMITS $44,100 $50,400 $56700 $63,000 $68,050 $731,00 $78,150 $83,200 60% LIMITS $52,920 $6,0480 $68,040 $75,600 $81,660 $87720 $93,780 $99,840 80% LIMITS $55,750 $63,700 $71,650 $79,600 $86,000 $92,350 $98,750 $105,100
Please contact your County Coordinating Team to send us a referral that we will match with your application to ensure this is the appropriate funding for your need. If you have not contacted them please do so to determine if this is the appropriate resource for your household and be referred.
Fairfax County – 703-222-0880
Loudoun County – 703-777-0420
Prince William County – 703-792-3366
Prioritization of Financial Assistance
Through July 20, 2020, the following will have priority:
- Households with current gross income at or below 50 percent Area Median Income (AMI) will have priority
- Households with a pay or quit notice from their landlord
- Households with a summons for unlawful detainer dated before June 8, 2020
All households who do not meet these priorities, but are otherwise eligible (i.e. have a current gross income at or below 80 percent AMI), will be placed on a waiting list and shall be served after July 20,2020.
No application is guaranteed approval, and all awards are dependent on available funds.