Healthy Families Prince William
Healthy Families Prince William, a program of Northern Virginia Family Service, provides voluntary home-visiting services to vulnerable first-time parents residing in Prince William County. The program is affiliated with Healthy Families America, an initiative of Prevent Child Abuse America.
Eligibility for Services:
Eligibility for the Healthy Families program is based on findings from an initial assessment using the Kempe Family Stress Checklist. Specific criteria for eligibility are the following:
- Participants must live in Prince William County HF this includes the City of Manassas, Manassas Park, and Prince William County.
- Participants must be pregnant with or parenting their first child in the United States.
- The mother must be pregnant with and/or the target child must be under 2 weeks of age at the time of referral.
- The target child must be less than three months old at pre-enrollment (assignment to Family Support Worker).
- Participants must screen and assess positively according to the Healthy Families Arlington Screening and Parent Interview procedures.
- Participant must not be currently enrolled in another intensive home visiting program such as CHIP, Resource Mothers or Early Head Start, unless coordinated, concurrent services are indicated.