Healthy Families Prince William
Healthy Families Prince William, a program of Northern Virginia Family Service, provides voluntary home-visiting services to vulnerable first-time parents residing in Prince William County. The program is affiliated with Healthy Families America, an initiative of Prevent Child Abuse America.
Eligibility for Services:
Eligibility for the Healthy Families program is based on findings from an initial assessment using the Kempe Family Stress Checklist. Specific criteria for eligibility are the following:
- Participants must live in Prince William County HF this includes the City of Manassas, Manassas Park, and Prince William County.
- Participants must be pregnant with or parenting their first child in the United States.
- The mother must be pregnant with and/or the target child must be under 2 weeks of age at the time of referral.
- The target child must be less than three months old at pre-enrollment (assignment to Family Support Worker).
- Participants must screen and assess positively according to the Healthy Families Arlington Screening and Parent Interview procedures.
- Participant must not be currently enrolled in another intensive home visiting program such as CHIP, Resource Mothers or Early Head Start, unless coordinated, concurrent services are indicated.
For more information, or to apply, contact Mandi Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571.748.2608.