NVFS in the News
A linked index of articles about the work we’re doing
In the News 2018
- 25 – Washington-area appointments and promotions for March 26 – Washington Post
Clifford Yee was hired as NVFS’ executive vice president and chief financial officer.
- 20 – Claude Moore Foundation Announces $1.3M in Loudoun Grants – LoudounNow
The Claude Moore Charitable Foundation has awarded $50,000 to NVFS for Loudoun-based programs in 2018.
- 7 – Community Conversation on Youth Anxiety Imparts Information & Inspiration – Fairfax County
NVFS’ Meredith McKeen and Kate Reen participated in a recent panel through the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board (CSB) to explain the trauma often experienced by recently immigrated youth, how that makes them more vulnerable, and the resources and support we provide to help them better navigate their new lives.
- 28 – Residents of Woodbridge Homeless Camp Kicked Out – WUSA9
After a 10-acre space was closed to the 40 people living there, NVFS’ Hilda Barg family shelter helped provide emergency shelter to local homeless.
- 26 – Volunteers count the number of homeless in their community – LocalDVM.com
NVFS coordinates volunteer efforts in the annual “Point in Time” count for homeless individuals in Prince William County.
- 9 – It’s cold. Shelter officials share how you can help others through the winter. – LocalDVM.com
(Includes video) NVFS Vice President of Programs Lorena McDowell and NVFS Shelter Director Debra Rapone provide insight into winter homelessness and how community members can help.
- 9 – Citizens Shape Virginia Assembly Agenda – Connection Newspapers
Speakers from several social service organizations, including NVFS, urged the Virginia General Assembly’s Fairfax County representatives to consider the needs of the community’s less fortunate.
- About NVFS
- Contact Us
- Media Center
- Our Services
- Early Childhood Development
- Foster Care & Adoption
- Health & Well-Being
- Homelessness & Housing
- Immigration Legal Services
- Mental Health
- Workforce Development
- Youth Initiatives
- Get Assistance
- Get Involved
- Support NVFS