Supporting employers and employees with the resources needed to thrive
Team Up empowers employers to leverage NVFS’ expertise in Northern Virginia, our community resource network, and our Resource Navigators’ individualized approach to help your employees tackle whatever challenges they may face. This innovative program helps employers minimize work disruptions, decrease absenteeism, and ultimately increase employee retention, engagement, and well-being.
Our Resource Navigators partner with an employee in need to find tailored solutions that address their immediate concerns while also preparing them to tackle future challenges. Team Up‘s methodology is particularly effective because of our local expertise. We know Northern Virginia and the unique experiences of living here as well as the array of local supports available. Team Up‘s Resource Navigators tailor effective, individualized, and practical solutions to life’s challenges through the integration of employer benefits, community support resources, and local, state, and federal government programs.
“Since working with Team Up, I have become more optimistic. I feel smarter and am able to make better decisions. I go back to work more productive, knowing that I’m making progress in my life.”
– Employee Testimonial
The Advantages of Team Up▼
- Confidential and tailored to each individual and their challenge
- Open to family members
- Clients are supported throughout, even during more extensive processes
- Navigators proactively follow up with clients to ensure they have met their needs
- Unlimited services and appointments
- Works hand-in-hand with clients to help overcome barriers and achieve dreams and goals
- Conveniently interacts with clients based on their availability, including offering evening and weekend appointments
How Team Up Differs from Typical EAPs▼
- Local Expertise: EAPs provide resources on a national or global level as they provide services to a large portfolio of clients, this leaves out a variety of helpful resources. NVFS’ Team Up Resource Navigators specialize in integrating benefits from the local Northern Virginia community, in addition to state and national resources in concert with an employee’s company benefits to help employees tackle a variety of life’s challenges.
- Timely Access: EAPs often require scheduling future appointments in order to connect with solutions. Resource Navigators are available to help employees when it’s convenient for them and proactively follow up to ensure employees get the support they need.
- Financial Support: Like EAPs, our Resource Navigators can provide access to a variety of financial education tools; however, unlike EAPs, Team Up Resource navigators can connect employees to a variety of community programs that may provide direct assistance to aid in resolving financial challenges.
- Individualized Solutions: Resource Navigators know there is no “one size fits all” solution to life’s challenges. Every individual and their challenges are unique and lasting change requires building trust, relationships, understanding, and tailored solutions that meet their needs, their schedule, and their circumstance.
Common Areas Team Up Assists With▼
- Nanny and babysitting searches
- Child care centers and Head Start searches
- Summer camps searches
- Special needs resources
- Assistance with child care applications (social services, scholarships, etc.)
- Navigating employee healthcare benefits
- Navigate employee EAPs (Employee Assistance Program)
- Stress management tips and coaching
- Budgeting, savings, and household expenses
- Credit management
- Debt management
- Referrals to community lending programs
- Maximize benefit plans
- Navigate healthcare plan
- Understand Flexible Spending Accounts
- Utilizing exclusive employee discounts
- Analyzing situations to determine eligibility for community assistance programs such as health coverage, food assistance, housing assistance, transportation assistance, childcare assistance, utility assistance, and job/career training
- Submitting applications to obtain community assistance
Career & Professional Development
- Education and tuition planning
- Career coaching
- Resume writing
- Interviewing skills
- Medicaid free transportation
- Volunteer rides for Veterans
- Low-income discounts
Fill out the form below to learn more about how Team Up can help your employees, their families, and your company thrive!
- Our Services
- Early Childhood Development
- Foster Care & Adoption
- Health & Well-Being
- Homelessness & Housing
- Immigration Legal Services
- Mental Health
- Workforce Development
- Youth Initiatives
- Get Assistance
- Get Involved
- Support NVFS