benefiting northern virginia family servicE
Thank you Transurban for selecting Northern Virginia Family Service as the beneficiary for #GivingTuesdayNow! Every gift given today will be matched fully, up to $10,000, by Transurban.
NVFS has helped individuals, families and communities in crisis for nearly 100 years. We are continuing this legacy by redeploying staff and adapting our service delivery to keep our family shelter and Hunger Resource Center open; setting up virtual Training Futures and legal services; and getting emergency cash, diapers, food and other goods to families in need.
Donations will be used in support of these efforts, as well as our general programs and services, to enable us to continue proactively responding to community needs— both through the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.
The repercussions from today’s COVID-19 crisis will be felt for months, if not years to come. The physical, mental and economic effects will impact every family, yet this will be compounded especially for our neighbors who were vulnerable before the crisis. Together, we can meet and overcome this challenge for our community.
For optimal security and functionality, please be sure that:
- Your operating system is one of: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012
- Your desktop browser is one of: Chrome v.22+, Firefox version v.27+, Internet Explorer v.8-10 (if enabled), Internet Explorer v.11, Safari v.7+, Edge
- Your mobile browser is one of: Safari v.5+, Firefox version v.27+, Internet Explorer v.11+, Opera v.14+
- About NVFS
- Contact Us
- Media Center
- Our Services
- Early Childhood Development
- Foster Care & Adoption
- Health & Well-Being
- Homelessness & Housing
- Immigration Legal Services
- Mental Health
- Workforce Development
- Youth Initiatives
- Get Assistance
- Get Involved
- Support NVFS
NVFS #GivingTuesdayNow Representative
Transurban #GivingTuesdayNow Representative