About Training Futures
Training Futures is a nationally recognized workforce development program with proven results, providing training for living-wage administrative jobs.
It's an innovative six-month curriculum in a simulated office environment with two primary goals:
- To meet the needs of local employers who seek qualified entry level workers.
- To help the under-employed and unemployed secure a rewarding career, potential for professional advancement, and permanent employment.
Watch Suzy Mead, Training Coordinator, talk about the program's dynamic, long-lasting impact for both trainees and the employers excited to take them on board.
Training Futures was launched in 1996 and has since trained over 1,700 people from diverse backgrounds and experience. Over 89% of graduates have secured full time employment in an office environment. The employment rate of graduates far exceeds those of other national programs, placing Training Futures in the top performing echelon.
Training Futures is an innovative six-month curriculum in a simulated office environment. The program has two primary goals:
- To meet the needs of metropolitan area employers who seek qualified entry level workers.
- To help under-employed or unemployed people secure a rewarding career, potential for professional advancement and permanent employment.
The Training Futures curriculum comprises accredited courses in:
-computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite 2013)
-business and professional communication
Training Futures also offers:
-weekly professional development workshops
-an adaptation of Toastmasters
Trainees receive performance reviews and are expected to dress professionally, arrive on time, complete office assignments and interact professionally with staff and fellow trainees. Trainees are also provided one-on-one support during their job search with assistance in resume writing, interviewing and business etiquette.
For Training Futures Internships, please contact Julie Mullen, email@example.com or 571-748-2628. Click here for a Statement of Work Form.
Interested in enrolling in Training Futures?
- Call Hannah Cook at 703.530.3041 to schedule an intake for Manassas
Next cycle starts October 2015
- Call Rini Victor at 571.748.2864 to schedule an intake for Tysons
Next cycle starts June 2015